Current Advocacy Campaigns
Support Afghan Refugees
Contact your Member of Parliament, the Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada and the Minister of Foreign Affairs asking them to act definitively to support the evaluation of Afghans and the settlement of newly arrived Afghans in Canada. Specifically, you can ask them to
- Provide additional funds + clear directives to government officials to process cases
- Remove the need for every refugee to individually demonstrate that they should qualify as a refugee
- Collaborate to evacuate at-risk individuals
- Provide warm clothing and basic supplies to people in quarantine
- Support the Afghan Forgotten Families Initiative
Take Action Online
Check out these petitions in support of refugees and migrants:
Help Vivian and Kelvin stay in Canada!
Vivian and her 11 year old Son Kelvin need your help to prevent their removal from Canada in January
Vaccines for All
Equal access to healthcare should not depend on your immigration status.
Status for All
Support immigration status for everyone so all immigrants and refugees can find safety and security.
Canadian Sanctuary Network
Learn about tools for actions and current petitions via the Canadian Sanctuary Network, a voluntary network that advocates for the fair treatment for refugees.
Free Them All
A group of detainees launched an indefinite hunger strike after a COVID-19 outbreak to demand their immediate release from the Laval Migrant Prison. Learn about ways to support their efforts!
End Family Separation
The CCR is calling on the Canadian government to establish a standard of 6 months to reunite separated children with a parent in Canada. Support the CCR’s call by contacting your MP!