DUE TO THE COVID-19 SITUATION, ROMERO HOUSE IS NOT CURRENTLY ACCEPTING NEW VOLUNTEERS. Thank you so much for your generosity. Check back with us once the Centre has re-opened.
Romero House relies on the generosity of our many volunteers. They give their time, energy and skills to help welcome refugees.
What can I do?
Volunteers participate in a variety of tasks, programs and projects at Romero House. We try to respond to the particular skills and experience of each volunteer. The list below describes some of the tasks that we might ask you to help us with.
- Participate in gardening, cleaning, maintenance, preparing apartments or fixing bicycles
- Help with our monthly liturgy, holiday celebrations or fundraising events
- Be part of running our office through becoming a receptionist; providing transport; completing forms; or helping with translation and interpretation.
- Assist in delivering our programs such as Kid’s Club, Teens’ Group, Women’s Group, or our Food Hamper program or Clothing Boutique.
- Provide babysitting, childcare, tutoring, mentoring, English conversation practice or driving or music lessons.
- Housing: provide short-term housing for newly arrived refugee claimants. Please email email@example.com.
- Special events: helping in the kitchen or with the kids program at the Evening of Peace (December 25th), food or kids carnival at the Wanda Road Street Party (June)
The Application Process
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, please email Joel at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will send you an application form to fill in. We will get in touch once we have received your form to talk further about how you can help.