Romero House welcomes any contribution to its work, big or small. You can donate to Romero House, by clicking on the green ‘Donate Now’ button on the right. This will allow you to make a one-off donation or set up a more regular contribution.
We also accept donations by cheque. Cheques should be sent to:
1558 Bloor St West
Toronto, ON M6P 1A4
*Unfortunately, we are unable to accept donations over the phone.
Tax receipts will be issued for all donations over $20. Where requested, we can also provide donation cards. These have space for a personal message but also carry the text: In honour of _________ a donation of _________ has been made to Romero House.
Please get in touch if you would like to make donations to Romero House as part of a special event or celebration, so that we can see how we might help.
We are also able to accept donations of Stocks. To do this, please phone Romero House and ask to speak to the Administration and Finance Manager or email email@example.com.
How We Use Donated Funds
Romero House relies on donations to support our administration, programming, and housing. The money you donate may be spent on:
- Refugee Settlement Services including:
- Supporting first and last months rent
- Transportation support
- Food vouchers/weekly food hamper program
- Community Programs including:
- Women’s group
- Kids club
- Romero House summer camp
- Community celebrations (example: birthdays)
- Emergency Support for Refugees including:
- Emergency health expenses
- Unexpected Legal Fees (example: stay of deportation)
- Supporting the Worker Program – generous live-in volunteers who make the work that we do possible!