Romero House welcomes any contribution to its work, big or small. You can donate to Romero House, by clicking on the green ‘Donate Now’ button on the right. This will allow you to make a one-off donation or set up a more regular contribution.
We also accept donations by cheque. Cheques should be sent to:
1558 Bloor St West
*Unfortunately, we are unable to accept donations over the phone.
Tax receipts will be issued for all donations over $20. Where requested, we can also provide donation cards. These have space for a personal message but also carry the text: In honour of _________ a donation of _________ has been made to Romero House.
Please get in touch if you would like to make donations to Romero House as part of a special event or celebration, so that we can see how we might help.
We are also able to accept donations of Stocks. To do this, please phone Romero House and ask to speak to the Administration and Finance Manager or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How We Use Donated Funds
Romero House relies on donations to support our administration, programming, and housing. The money you donate may be spent on:
- Refugee Settlement Services
- Community Programs
- Emergency Support for Refugees
- Food Vouchers and our Food Bank
- Improvements and Upkeep of our refugee houses
- Small stipends and salaries of our staff and intern team
We are often able to use in-kind donations. We can always accept:
- Seasonal women’s, men’s, and children’s clothing that is clean, and in very good condition
- Laundered sheets and towels, particularly sets.
- Plates, bowls, glasses, mugs and silverware.
Often, we can accept donations of furniture and appliances, but please call us with a description of your items to find whether we can use them.
If you would like to donate an item not mentioned, please call us and ask if it could be of use.